Prepare or Failkaliburns
“Planning to eat the right food which will make you healthier and reach your goals is the starting point of your Nutrition foundations.
Organizing a time to purchase your food is where you need to begin; set aside two days where you purchase your groceries is CRITICAL. I personally prep on a Sunday and a Wednesday. That way I can ensure my food is always fresh and ready to go!
Step 1. Groceries
Purchase day can be over the weekend or weekday along as it gets done!
– try and use organic growers markets, grass fed meat butchers
– alternatively you can use the larger supermarkets like Coles or Woolworths.
Step 2. Food Preparation
Now you have food in the house it’s time to prepare it for EATING.
– Set aside 20 minutes when you bring your food home.
Step 3. Batch Cooking
Batch cooking is the key to always having food ready to eat.
– Marinate your meat or seafood’s and portion them out, ready to be freezed or cooked. Try not to over complicate marinades/sauces/extra toppings.. Remember all calories do add up! Simplicity but tastiness is key!
– Keep things simple with your vegetables and throw them into a steamer
with a timer.
– If you are tracking/weighing your food- ensure it is done after the cooking process has occurred! This way you will most certainly be accurate!
Master these three simple steps by keeping things simple and reach your goals when life gets BUSY.
My Grocery list-
Fresh fruit and vegetables
Asparagus, Kale, Bok choy, Mixed lettuce, Brocolli/brocollini, spinach, green beans, zuchinni, carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, capsicum, mushrooms
| Frozen or fresh mixed berries, pineapple, lemon, avocado
Coco-amino acids, pepper, Himalayan salt, fresh chilli, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, apple cider vinegar, organic nut butters, almond milk
Lean animal proteins (grassfed if possible)
Salmon, basa fillets, barramundi, tuna, chicken breast, turkey mince, eggs
Coconut oil, macadamia oil, raw mixed nuts, avocado, natural nut butters
Brown rice, quinoa, organic rice cakes, oats
Guilt free treats-
70-85% lindt dark chocolate